Also: Have a fix on (something)
Meaning of Idiom ‘Get a Fix On’
1. To accurately determine the position of an aircraft, ship, or another moving object, usually of a military nature.
2. To accurately determine the basic facts of something and to clearly understand it.
Compare get a fix.
Examples Of Use
“The coast guard has a fix on the ship sending the distress signal and rescue operations are under way.”
“In this article, it is difficult to get a fix on the author’s views.”
“You need an accountant to get a fix on your finances.”
Used since the later 1800’s.
More Idioms Starting with F
More Fix Idioms
More Get Idioms
More Military Related Idioms
- Up The Creek (Without a Paddle)
- Tell That To The Marines!
- Take French Leave
- Marching Orders (To Get One’s)
- Last-Ditch (effort, attempt)
- Hang Fire
This page contains one or more affiliate links. See full affiliate disclosure.